Tag: 上海龙凤1314419

22-month old baby in N. Sulawesi may be Indonesia’s youngest COVID-19 related death

first_imgAccording to the hospital spokesperson, Handry Takasenseran, besides COVID-19, the baby also suffered from tuberculosis and malnutrition.Handry said that the medical staff had tried their best to save the baby, but unfortunately his condition kept deteriorating, leading to his death on Sunday morning.“The death is most likely a result of his other conditions,” Handry said. He confirmed the death of the baby on Sunday at 8.52 a.m. local time.According to the government’s official count, North Sulawesi had 116 confirmed COVID-19 cases with seven deaths as of Monday. The province has also recorded 109 deaths of people suspected to have COVID-19. A 22-month-old baby boy who tested positive for COVID-19 has died in Manado, North Sulawesi, the province’s COVID-19 task force announced on Monday.“Case 93, a baby from Manado has died, making it a total of seven COVID-19 related deaths in North Sulawesi so far,” task force spokesperson Steaven Dandel Steaven said on Monday.Steaven added that the baby had been receiving treatment in the isolation ward at Kandou State Hospital in Manado since the beginning of May. While the elderly have a higher risk of dying from COVID-19, data from the national COVID-19 task force also showed those aged 0 to 5 years old made up 0.74 percent of the country’s COVID-19 death toll. The age group also accounts for 1.7 percent of total COVID-19 infections as of Monday.Previously, an 11-year-old girl who died at the Slamet Martodirdjo Hospital in Pamekasan in Madura Island in East Java on March 20 was confirmed as the country’s youngest COVID-19 death.When asked whether the baby boy in Manado was now the country’s youngest COVID-19 related death, Health Ministry Disease Control and Prevention Director General Achmad Yurianto told The Jakarta Post that he had not received confirmation of the case and referred the Post to the health services directorate-general.Health Services Director General Bambang Wibowo, however, did not immediately respond to the Post’s questions on the matter.Topics :last_img read more

Blaž Slišković to Take Over the North Korea’s National Team?

first_imgThe former selector of the national team of B&H Blaž Slišković will most probably become the new selector of the North Korea’s national team.Slišković revealed that he is waiting for his airplane ticket for Pyongyang where he should sign the contract.The famous Bosnian footballer should have sign this contract even earlier but it didn’t happen  because one of the generals got sick so Baka still doesn’t know if he will take over the team or not. (Source: Sport Centar)last_img

Neymar denies aiming for return to World Cup

first_imgIn this July 4, 2014, photo, Brazil’s Neymar screams out after being fouled during the World Cup quarterfinal soccer match between Brazil and Colombia at the Arena Castelao in Fortaleza, Brazil, Friday. The 22-year-old Neymar broke his third vertebra after being kneed in the back by Colombian player Juan Camillo Zuniga in the 86th minute of the match. (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez)BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil (AP) — Neymar and the Brazilian football confederation denied media reports that the striker could undergo special treatment on his fractured vertebra to try to play in the World Cup final if the tournament hosts make it that far.Neymar and the confederation released statements late Sunday saying that nothing that could risk the player’s health or career would be attempted to allow him to try to play if Brazil beats Germany in Tuesday’s semifinals.The statements came after the Brazilian media quoted doctors from the Brazilian club Santos, Neymar’s former team, as saying there was a chance the striker could return for Sunday’s final with alternative treatments and painkiller injections.The 22-year-old Barcelona star was ruled out of the rest of the World Cup after being kneed in the back late in Brazil’s 2-1 quarterfinal victory over Colombia.Tests conducted at a hospital shortly after Friday’s match showed a fracture in his third vertebra.The confederation said in its statement that the “the prognosis is excellent” for Neymar, but only if the injury is given the proper amount of time to heal.“Rushed measures put in risk his future life as an athlete,” the statement said.Brazil team doctor Jose Luiz Runco said Neymar is expected to be sidelined for about 45 days. He has returned home from the team’s training camp to recover.“Let’s not create an illusion to the Brazilian people,” Runco told Globo TV. “There isn’t the smallest possibility for Neymar to play on July 13 if Brazil reaches the final.”Neymar’s staff said in his statement that he remains solely under the care of the Brazilian confederation’s doctors until the end of the World Cup. It said the visit by Santos’ doctors was a “cordiality.”While the statement never directly dismissed the possibility he could play in the final, it said that “no alternative treatment was discussed.”“If Neymar becomes fit to play a professional football match before initially expected, it will be because of the positive progress of his condition through the treatment currently being administered,” the statement said.___Follow Tales Azzoni at http://www.twitter.com/tazzonilast_img read more