Tag: 唔准唔开心论坛

BREAKING: Two in custody after body of handyman found

first_imgTwo persons have been taken into Police custody following the discovery of a body this morning in Samatta Point, Grove, East Bank Demerara. The deceased is said to be a handyman in the area.According to information received, he was found with a gash on this stomach.Preliminary investigation has led the Police to believe the man was murdered during a misunderstanding.More details in the Thursday February 14, 2019 edition of the Guyana Times.last_img

Giants sign free agent reliever Nick Vincent to minor league deal

first_imgCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceSCOTTSDALE, Ariz.–Over the past three seasons, Nick Vincent has been a durable force in the Seattle Mariners bullpen, posting a 3.62 ERA while averaging 63 appearances per year.Yet this offseason, Vincent couldn’t find a job.“It’s a crazy free agent market right now and I hope it gets better in the future just for the future players,” Vincent said Thursday after joining the Giants. “It’s not getting any better right …last_img read more

Run Internet Explorer 6 Apps in IE8 With UniBrows

first_imgMassive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Tags:#enterprise#Products UniBrows, a plugin from Browsium that enables users to  use Internet Explorer 8 to view IE6-only sites, was released from beta today. The idea is to enable enterprises that require IE6 for legacy apps to be able to upgrade to newer versions of the browser. This would also provide a path to upgrade to Windows 7, which doesn’t support Internet Explorer 6. UniBrows will also support IE9 in a few weeks, according to Browsium’s Gary Schare.As we’ve reported, Internet Explorer 6 persists in many enterprises for a variety of reasons. Many organizations run third-party or in-house applications that require IE6 but are too expensive to upgrade or replace.UniBrows, which has been in beta for the past six months, gives administrators the ability to specify policies for specific sites that require IE6. IE8 will use UniBrows to load those sites with IE6’s rendering engine and legacy ActiveX components. All other sites will use IE8’s rendering engine and the current version of ActiveX. Browsium licensed several DLL files from Microsoft to accomplish this feat.Update: Schare clarifies that Browsium does not license the DLLs. “Customers download the IE6 components from Microsoft’s website using our preparation tool.”Alternative approaches include running IE6 in a virtual machine, or installing IE6 on a terminal server. The downside is that this requires licensing additional copies of Windows, or buying adequate terminal server licenses at great expense. Browsium will charge organizations with 5,000-50,000 users a $5,000 base license fee plus $5 per seat. Volume licensing agreements are available for larger organizations.Browsium is based in Redmond, WA and was founded last year. 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now klint finleycenter_img Related Posts IT + Project Management: A Love Affair Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of…last_img read more

26 of Patna’s Super-30 institute students crack IIT-JEE

first_imgTwenty six out of 30 students from Super-30 coaching institute in Patna have cracked the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), whose results were declared on Sunday.“This year, the result of Super-30 is a bit less than 100%. 26 out of 30 students have cracked IIT-JEE but still I’m happy for the students and their families”, founder of Super-30 and mathematician Anand Kumar told The Hindu.The institute, since its inception in 2002, has been coaching underprivileged children to enter the IIT, even giving them free food and accommodation. A total of 422 students out of 480 from Super-30 coaching institute have qualified in IIT-JEE since it was started. For the last four years, all 30 students from Super-30 qualified.Mr. Kumar has been featured in several national and international magazines, newspapers and documentaries for his work. His younger brother Pranav Kumar, mother and other family members help him run the institute. Recently, a Bollywood a biopic titled Super-30 starring Hrithik Roshan was announced.last_img read more

PM asked to clarify on ‘military build-up’ in Mizoram

first_imgThe People’s Representation for Identity and Status of Mizoram (PRISM), a corruption watchdog turned political party, has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking clarification on the reported military build-up along the State’s border with Myanmar.In a letter to the Prime Minister on Monday, the PRISM said Mizoram has no disturbed area necessitating militarisation. Mizoram has six international border districts — Champhai, Serchhip, Lunglei, Siaha, Lawngtlai, and Mamit — where there is neither disturbance nor law and order problems, it pointed out. “Army and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in some parts of Lawngtlai district in January. There is no official announcement made by the State or the Central government regarding their number or motive,” PRISM president Vanlalruata said.There have been reports of deployment of extra forces along Mizoram’s border with Myanmar following drive against extremist groups such as Arakan Army by that country’s military. Officials of Assam Rifles said the movement of extra troops was part of “routine exercises” along the border.last_img read more

Serena on banned umpire Ramos I dont know who that is

first_imgNew York: Serena Williams is trying hard to move past last year’s US Open final meltdown, preferring to forget the umpire she called a “liar” and “thief” and fans booing a controversial ending. Williams humbled Russia’s Maria Sharapova 6-1, 6-1 on Monday to reach the second round of the US Open as she seeks a historic seventh New York title and 24th Grand Slam singles crown. Asked if she felt the tournament was hers to win, the eighth seed replied, “I feel like I’m here to do that. We’ll see what happens.” Her domination of Sharapova produced a 19th consecutive triumph over the five-time Slam winner, boosting her record in the rivalry to 20-2. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over Chandigarh It was the first match for Williams at Ashe since she unleashed her wrath at umpire Carlos Ramos in last year’s US Open final and he awarded a game penalty to eventual winner Naomi Osaka of Japan, this year’s top seed and the reigning Australian Open champion as well. The US Tennis Association decided before the start that Ramos will not officiate any Serena or Venus Williams match at this year’s US Open. When she was asked about Ramos, whose penalty calls had a major impact in her loss to Osaka, she replied, “I don’t know who that is.” It’s doubtful she will want to jog her memory by looking at video of last year’s final, which ended with Williams in tears and Osaka’s moment of glory left “bittersweet” as fans voiced displeasure at the controversial awarding of a game that put Osaka one game from the title. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced later Williams, when asked about how much last year’s final entered her mind in her return to Ashe, spoke only about the crowd that was loud and vocal in supporting her over Sharapova. “It was great. The fans, they were so amazing,” Williams said. “I could hear them walking down the hallway. It was such a good feeling. It made me feel unbelievable, really helped me get amped up and pumped up.” She thanked the fans on the court after the match with a nod to past defeats, saying, “I’ve had a lot of tough matches and a lot of tough losses but coming out here tonight makes it all worthwhile.” A celebrity-filled crowd watched her dismantle Sharapova. “Her game really matches up well against mine,” Williams said. “Her ball somehow lands in my strike zone. It’s just perfect for me. “I was able to zone in, especially down breakpoints, not letting her in the match. She’s the kind of player that keeps going. Even towards the end, she just wants to keep fighting.” And as if US wildcard Caty McNally, her next foe, or any other rival needed any more concern, Williams warned she has some new, unrevealed aspects to her game to bring out should the need arise. “I’ve been working on a lot of new things,” she said. “I don’t really talk about what I’ve been working on so much. I definitely have been working on a lot of new stuff to incorporate in my game.”last_img read more

Penashues campaign knew it ran afoul of Elections Canada over donations in

first_imgBy Jorge BarreraAPTN National NewsOTTAWA–Former federal cabinet minister Peter Penashue’s campaign knew by at least mid-February it had run afoul of electoral donation laws, Elections Canada records show.Elections Canada rejected Penashue’s amended campaign return that month because it failed to identify returned corporate donations and made no reference to an $18,710 non-monetary contribution from an airline, according to a Feb. 12 letter from Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand. The letter was carbon copied to Penashue, who was intergovernmental affairs minister at the time.Mayrand’s letter raises questions around the timing of Penashue’s resignation.Penashue’s campaign returned a total of $46,560 in ineligible donations Elections Canada records show. At least 16 of the donations came from businesses. It is against election laws to accept corporate donations.“The information provided does not support the changes requested,” said Mayrand’s letter, which was addressed to Sandra Troster, Penashue’s new official agent. “In cases in which corporate cheques were received, corporate rather than individual names and addresses are required and no reference was made with respect to the reporting of the contributions of air travel services provided by Innu Mikun Limited Partnership and Provincial Airlines Limited. Consequently, authorization to correct the return is not granted.”Mayrand’s letter came in response to an amended electoral campaign return submitted to the elections watchdog on Dec. 19, 2012.Mayrand gave the campaign a deadline of March 4 to make the changes.The campaign did eventually submit a cheque for an $18,710.54 non-monetary donation from the airline for campaign travel during the last federal election, according to a copy of a March 4 dated cheque.Penashue resigned his post as intergovernmental affairs minister and his Labrador seat last Thursday. In his statement, Penashue claimed he was resigning after he and his campaign became “aware that there were ineligible donations accepted by the former official agent.” Penashue said he would run again in a byelection.Yet, according to Elections Canada records, his campaign had been trying to amend his electoral returns since at least mid-December.Penashue could not be immediately reached for comment.Fred Delorey, spokesperson for the Conservative party, would only say that the official agent “did not complete the amended return until recently.”jbarrera@aptn.ca@JorgeBarreralast_img read more