Both guys looked completely drained after they weighed in. While Hooker looked great in the fight despite the horrible weight cut, Porter looked like he had some difficulties at certain moments because of it. One could make the assumptions that Hooker and Porter didn’t take LesPierre and Ugas seriously. The point would be a valid one and that is likely because bigger fights loom ahead in their weight classes and they know it. You have to take every fight seriously and not look past anybody. Everything has to be done perfectly. If not, the things you worked so hard for could vanish quickly. MORE: Join DAZN and watch Canelo vs. Jacobs on May 4Looking at it as a whole, Golovkin made the right decision. The best middleweights in the world fight on DAZN: Alvarez (the WBA & WBC champion), Daniel Jacobs (IBF champion) and Demetrius Andrade (WBO champion). While it’s nice to have that competition, for Golovkin, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a trilogy fight with Alvarez. The 36-year-old feels he was robbed, and perhaps rightfully so, in their two battles for middleweight supremacy. If Alvarez gets by Jacobs on May 4 and Golovkin gets by whoever he takes on, the boxing world might see quite arguably the two best middleweights lock horns one more time.- Dmitry Bivol just continues to win in his quest to be the best. Bivol (16-0. 11 KOs) made it look rather easy in dispatching of Joe Smith Jr. by unanimous decision. Beyond a moment at the end of the 10th round, when Smith rocked Bivol with an overhand right hand, the WBA light heavyweight champion did anything he wanted to inside the ring Saturday night with little resistance.The case can be made that Bivol is the best at 175 pounds, with IBF titleholder Artur Beterbiev, WBO champion Sergey Kovalev and WBC titleholder Oleksandr Gvozdyk also in the conversation. The latter three, though, are affiliated with the same promoter. The 28-year-old Bivol is willing to fight them all to prove that he’s the top fighter in a loaded division. But will he get the opportunity to prove it? Bivol told Sporting News last week that he would fight at light heavyweight or drop to super middleweight to leave his mark on the sport. Whether he gets a crack at WBC 168-pound champion Callum Smith or the long-awaited bout with Kovalev, Bivol showed against Smith that he’s inching closer to making boxing’s pound-for-pound list.- Daniel Jacobs driving home a key point towards Canelo fight. During the final stop of his three-city, two-country tour with Alvarez last Monday in Los Angeles, Jacobs made an astute statement in regards to whether he could get a fair shake on the judges’ scorecards in Las Vegas.”We don’t know, my job is to go in there and do what I have to do,” Jacobs said. “Obviously, we want to put attention on the judges so everyone is accountable for it. Canelo is a big entity for the sport of boxing, he has that effect. But my job, as my trainer said, is to go in there and have the mentality like, ‘You don’t get paid for overtime.’ So if I can make sure that I have a decisive win, win every round, or put it in my hands to create a knockout, that’s the game plan.”Alvarez received questionable calls in his two fights with Golovkin, a split-decision win over Erislandy Lara and somehow was given a draw on judge C.J. Ross’ card in his lopsided loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2013. Bringing up those facts, even though the fight doesn’t occur for another two months is a smart, strategic move. It starts to plant the seed in the minds of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, who appoint the judges, that the best of the best need to be scoring the fight or risk more backlash if Canelo-Jacobs goes all 12 rounds. Judging is always a hot topic of conversation with Nevada being at the forefront of it since most of the mega-fights take place in “Sin City.” The more it’s brought up, the more the public will keep it engrained in their minds as the bout inches closer. Will Jacobs’ decision to make the judging a topic work in his favor? Who knows, but it doesn’t hurt to try.The Bad- Paulie Malignaggi agrees to deal with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship. The former two-division world champion signed a contract with the upstart organization on Thursday. His debut is scheduled to be in June with an opponent not yet announced. Malignaggi (36-8, 7 KOs), who is a boxing analyst for Showtime, retired from the sport in March 2017. Beyond a short period of being Conor McGregor’s sparring partner — before the MMA superstar’s match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in August 2017 — the 38-year-old has stayed away from returning.Yes, it isn’t boxing per se, but there’s no reason for Malignaggi to embark on this new endeavor. He’s suffered a ton of damage in his career, including what was thought to be his finale — an eighth-round knockout loss to Sam Eggington two years ago. In this day and age of concussions, Malignaggi should just stay away. Why take any more blows to the head than he already has? Why put your body through unnecessary punishment? Malignaggi’s got a fantastic job, he’s great at analyzing fights. No reason whatsoever to put that in jeopardy in any way, shape or form.The Dirty- Shawn Porter and Maurice Hooker almost lost their respective world titles … on the scale Friday. Originally, Porter came in for the first defense of his WBC welterweight title at 148.8 pounds. Struggling to make the 147-pound limit and running out of time to hit 147, Porter had to cut his hair.Hooker just about needed all two hours and four attempts later to cut the half pound, so his WBO junior welterweight title defense with Mikkel LesPierre was official.Hooker, who ballooned up to 160 pounds after weigh-ins, knocked LesPierre down in the ninth round to cruise to an easy decision victory. Porter had more difficulty, winning a narrow split-decision over Yordenis Ugas. Weight cutting is a dangerous thing and it isn’t going away any time soon. If done correctly, it can be done with relative ease. Hooker and Porter, though, made it harder than it needed to be and would have lost their belts without losing them in the ring. It was another interesting week in boxing. Here are the highs and lows of the last seven days.The Good- Gennady Golovkin now fighting on DAZN. After Golovkin lost a narrow majority decision in his rematch with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, the big question was where would he call his next fighting home? HBO exited the boxing business at the end of 2018, so Golovkin didn’t have an outlet to which his legion of fans could watch him compete. All of the sport’s heavy hitters courted “GGG” for months. At the end of the ordeal, Golovkin agreed to a six-fight deal with DAZN that will see the former unified middleweight world champion fight out the rest of his career on the live-streaming sports service. The deal is a partnership between DAZN and GGG Promotions in which the hard-hitting native of Kazakhstan will compete twice a year over the next three years, with his first fight in June against an opponent to be determined.