The mother of France’s youngest coronavirus victim has spoken of the “unbearable” loss of her 16-year-old daughter, as the country reported its highest daily toll from the pandemic.French authorities said on Thursday that 365 people had been killed by COVID-19 over the previous 24 hours, taking the national total of those who have died in hospital to 1,696.The figure does not include those who died from the virus at home or at retirement homes, top French health official Jerome Salomon told reporters. Her condition deteriorated and her death was announced on Thursday, with health officials emphasizing that severe cases are very rare in young people.”From the start, we were told that the virus doesn’t affect young people. We believed it, like everyone else,” Sabine said. Her daughter had no known underlying health problems. The teenage girl named Julie A died in Paris, becoming the youngest French victim of the disease that more often afflicts the elderly or people with underlying health conditions.”It’s unbearable,” the girl’s mother Sabine told AFP by phone from her home in the Parisian suburbs. “We were meant to have an ordinary life.”A week ago, Julie developed a mild cough but on Saturday she began to feel short of breath, her mother said.She underwent scans in hospital and several tests for COVID-19, the disease first detected in China late last year that has now killed more than 23,000 worldwide. Train evacuation France has been in lockdown since March 17 in a bid to slow the spread of the epidemic and officials have repeatedly warned it will take time for the measures to bear fruit.Salomon said 29,155 people had tested positive for the virus so far nationwide — adding that the real number of cases was likely far higher as testing was reserved for high-risk patients.He said 3,375 patients were currently in intensive care out of nearly 14,000 people hospitalized after becoming infected.Data showed 42,000 people had been registered by their GP as having the coronavirus over the last week alone, Salomon added — again revealing that testing in France has only revealed a minority of cases.People in the country are only allowed to step outside for pressing matters, such as shopping.”It is very difficult to estimate when the peak will come… people who are ill now were infected before the confinement began,” explained Salomon.”Now there is less contact, people are going out less and get infected less. So we hope there will be fewer people getting sick next week,” he said.French President Emmanuel Macron said he had held a “very good discussion” with his US counterpart Donald Trump about the pandemic.”In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we are preparing with other countries a new strong initiative in the coming days,” he tweeted early Friday, without elaborating.The first train evacuation saw 20 coronavirus patients moved from the country’s hard-hit east to help relieve overstretched hospitals.The specially adapted high-speed train, whose carriages were transformed into intensive care units, took the group to the western Atlantic coast where they will be treated.Another evacuation is planned for Friday, this time by air. Topics :
Indianapolis, In. — Attorney General Curtis Hill today called on the Federal Communications Commission to create new rules to allow telephone service providers to block more illegal robocalls being made to consumers in Indiana. He is part of a bipartisan coalition of 34 attorneys general issuing a formal comment to the FCC.The formal comment explains that scammers using illegal robocalls have found ways to evade a call-blocking order entered last year by the FCC. Despite the FCC’s order, robocalls continue to be a major irritant to consumers in Indiana and across the United States. In 2017, the Federal Trade Commission received 4.5 million illegal robocall complaints – two and a half times more than in 2014. The Office of the Indiana Attorney General receives thousands of complaints each year with respect to illegal calls, including scam calls, telemarketing complaints and robocalls.Following an initial win for American consumers last year by the bipartisan coalition, when the FCC granted phone service providers authority to block certain illegal spoofed robocalls, the attorneys general now seek added authority for the providers to work together to detect and block more illegal spoofed robocalls – including “neighbor spoofing.”“Hoosiers should be able to enjoy peace and privacy without the disturbance of unwanted calls interrupting their routines,” Attorney General Hill said. “We need stronger measures aimed at rooting out bad actors responsible for rampant robocalling.”“Spoofing” allows scammers to disguise their identities, making it difficult for law enforcement to bring them to justice. “Virtually anyone can send millions of illegal robocalls and frustrate law enforcement with just a computer, inexpensive software and an internet connection,” the attorneys general wrote in the formal comment filed with the FCC.One tactic on the rise is “neighbor spoofing,” a technique that allows calls – no matter where they originate – to appear on a consumer’s caller ID as being made from a phone number that has the same local area code as the consumer. This manipulation of caller ID information increases the likelihood that the consumer will answer the call.In the formal comment, Attorney General Hill and members of the coalition expressed support for the new initiative, which will give phone service providers the ability to authenticate legitimate calls and identify illegally spoofed calls and block them. The added authority sought by the attorneys general will allow service providers to use new technology to detect and block illegal spoofed calls – even those coming from what are otherwise legitimate phone numbers. Service providers will be ready to launch this new authentication method in 2019.To date, the FCC has not issued a notice of proposed rulemaking concerning additional provider-initiated call blocking. The attorneys general anticipate that further requests for comments will take place on this subject.The added authority which the attorneys general seek from the FCC is not in conflict with Indiana’s Do Not Call List, in which consumers sign up to avoid receiving calls from legitimate vendors. The initiative for which the attorneys general seek FCC approval concerns illegal robocalls – which are made to consumers regardless of whether or not they sign up for do-not-call lists.For a copy of the comment, click here.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Virat Kohli will play full series against West Indies. India will play bilateral series against West Indies from August 3. Soham Desai will be taking India trainer duties for the series. highlights New Delhi: After the semi-final exit, the Indian team is all set for a full bilateral against West Indies which is scheduled to begin on August 3. Interestingly, the team will have a new trainer during the tour following the exit of Shankar Basu, who has worked regressively with the full fortitude to keep the players fit. Understandbly, Soham Desai, who is currently the trainer of India A has been asked to take the charge of the side for a month-long series.It is known that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has invited fresh application for the support staff and head coach. Soham Desai, who has been working with National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore, is currently in West Indies assisting India A side. He is supposedly set to join the men’s team in Florida and the Indian team will prepare for first of three T20 Internationals. Basu and physio Patrick Farhart have left the side after the World Cup. Both are being flooded with offers from the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises. It is understood that Basu may return to Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), with whom he was associated with previously. It is also known that the duo was offered an extention by the BCCI, but both had denied the offer. The series will feature three T20s and as many ODI encounters. The limited-overs stint will be followed by two Test which eventually will conclude India’s tour. Indian skipper Virat Kohli, who was reportedly set to miss the series had made himself available after forgettable semi-final encounter against blackcaps.
Real Madrid forward Isco has been diagnosed with acute appendicitis and is set to have an operation, the club have announced.The Spain international scored the opening goal in Real’s 3-0 win over Roma in the Champions League last week.Isco, 26, has played six times this season but will not be available for upcoming games, including a La Liga clash with Sevilla tonight. Real’s statement did not put a timeframe on the player’s recovery.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Facebook9Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by the YWCA of OlympiaDid you find time for some spring cleaning? If so, the YWCA of Olympia will take your donations of gently used bagged clothing items for delivery to Value Village-Lacey in the month of June. This special once-per-year drive will begin on Monday, June 2nd and end on Monday, June 30th. For each bag donated, Value Village-Lacey will make a donation directly to the YWCA of Olympia and their programs which empower women and girls.Clothing can be dropped off at the YWCA (220 Union Ave) in bags Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm between June 2 and June 30 ONLY. The YWCA will take all donations to Value Village Lacey on Wednesday, July 2 and Value Village will donate back to the YWCA for every single donation you bring in! The agency is working with Auto Mall Mini Storage for the entire month to secure and collect all of your generous donations. What are we looking for?ClothingShoesAccessories (Ties, belts, scarves, purses, socks, wallets)Bed & Bath (towels, sheets, drapes, yarn, pillows, blankets)We also welcome hygiene product donations of toothpaste for the Other BankFor more information contact (360) 352-0593 or [email protected]
A goal by Zack Smith at 7:35 of the third period snapped a 2-2 tie and powered the Binghamton Senators to a 3-2 road victory over the Pirates in game one of the AHL Calder Cup Atlantic Division Finals Wednesday in Portland, M.E. The win was Binghamton’s first of the postseason to come in regulation. All four victories over the Manchester Monarchs in the division semifinals came in overtime.Former KIJHL defenceman for the Nelson Leafs Geoff Kinrade, 25, plays for Binghamton.The 6-foot, 207-pound Kinrade finished the game logging tons of minutes and a minus-1 on the stats sheet.Captain Ryan Keller and rookie Bobby Butler also scored for the Baby Sens, the farm team of NHL’s Ottawa franchise.The Baby Sens and Pirates return to the ice in Portland Thursday for Game 2 of the best-of-seven Atlantic Division Finals.