Tag: 上海楼凤

Two people rescued off Fanad

first_img By News Highland – September 28, 2018 Google+ Facebook Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Google+ WhatsApp Pinterest Two people rescued off Fanad Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Facebook Twitter Two people have been rescued by local fishing men near Ballyhoorisky Point off Fanad after their small fishing vessel sank.Rescue services were tasked to the scene by the Coast Guard after the alarm was raised at around 3:30pm this afternoon.Mulroy Coast Guard and the Coast Guard helicopter were at the scene and assistance was also requested from the Lough Swilly Lifeboat.The operation was stood down when it emerged the pair had been rescued by a local fishing boat.center_img Community Enhancement Programme open for applications News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleInjury rules Toland out of Ireland FriendlyNext articleMain Evening News, Sport, Obituaries and Nuacht Friday September 28th News Highland Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Homepage BannerNews Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Twitter WhatsApplast_img read more

Marin lifts S. Utah past Sacramento St. 74-49

first_imgJanuary 18, 2020 /Sports News – Local Marin lifts S. Utah past Sacramento St. 74-49 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailCameron Oluyitan scored 19 points and Southern Utah romped past Sacramento State 74-49.Dre Marin added 17 points and John Knight III 13 for the Thunderbirds.Osi Nwachukwu had 13 points for the Hornets and Joshua Patton added 12.Southern Utah held the Hornets to 17% shooting in the first half to take a 33-18 lead. Associated Press Written by Tags: Big Sky/Dre Marin/SUU Thunderbirds Basketballlast_img read more

Lewandowski: I deserve to win the Ballon d’Or

first_img Loading… Read Also: Barcelona send law firm packing for advising Messi on exit strategyWhile he has no plans to retire any time soon, one of Lewandowski’s remaining objectives is to bring joy to Poland fans on the international stage.“One of my dreams has now come true and I feel huge satisfaction,” he added. “Another one is to make the fans of the national team proud of us. What exactly that means, I can’t answer myself. I can’t really describe it; I just want the fans to feel happy cheering us on.” “I was close many times, but something was missing, something was causing us to be knocked out early. Now that we’d won it, there was a childlike joy, something natural and spontaneous. I had no control over it.“The most beautiful moment after the game was when I called my wife. She sent me videos of my loved ones crying with happiness. It was something amazing. It’s what I will remember the most after many years.” The 32-year-old insists the Ballon d’Or was never on his mind this term, but he thinks he would have been a worthy winner.“I didn’t think about it at all. I knew we still had the Champions League, then the Bundesliga restarted after the short break,” he told Onet and Przeglad Sportowy when asked for his view on the award being cancelled.“I knew my priorities. My focus was on the Champions League, not on any possible individual awards. The decision to cancel the gala was made in the middle of the year and the Ballon d’Or was to be staged in December. The deadline was too distant to occupy my mind.”When asked which player he would have given the award to, he replied: “Myself. We won everything there was to win. I won the award for top goalscorer in every competition. I think a player who achieves this would win the Ballon d’Or.”Bayern’s 1-0 victory over Paris Saint-Germain saw Lewandowski win the Champions League for the first time in his career, something he admitted had been a childhood dream.The Poland international was particularly emotional during post-match interviews but said the moment that truly touched him was when his wife sent him videos of family members reacting to the result.“Until now, I was hiding emotions behind a thick shell, but the Champions League is every footballer’s dream and I’ve believed all my life that I could fulfil it,” he said. Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski believes he would deserve the Ballon d’Or if the award had not been cancelled for 2020.France Football confirmed in July that the prize would not be awarded due to the disruption of the 2019-20 season caused by the coronavirus pandemic.Lewandowski would almost certainly have been one of the favourites for the men’s trophy this year, having scored 55 goals in all competitions to propel Bayern to a treble of Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League titles for the second time. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More20 Completely Unexpected Facts About ‘The Big Bang Theory’8 Amazing Facts About Ancient EgyptAwesome But Ridiculously Expensive Things Bought By Keanu Reeves7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A Vegan2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Yearlast_img read more

Delray Beach, Boca Raton Issue Recommendations to Wear Face Masks

first_imgHowever, Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer later clarified that there are no plans at this time to issue citations to anyone who does not follow the recommendations.Other municipalities in South Florida, particularly in hard-hit Miami-Dade County, are now requiring everyone to wear face coverings inside businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies and restaurants.Within Palm Beach County, Delray Beach and Boca Raton are among the municipalities with the most COVID-19 cases. Two cities in south Palm Beach County announced Thursday afternoon that they are recommending their residents and visitors wear face masks in public, in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.Boca Raton and Delray Beach took the precautionary steps within hours of each other.The actions come after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidelines this week and recommended that people wear “cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.”The Boca Raton executive order adds that people should not use surgical masks or N95-rated masks, which are “critical supplies for health care workers, police, fire, emergency management, or other persons engaged in life and safety activities.” Chrissy Gibson, the communications and marketing manager Boca Raton, says if people defy an emergency order with a mandate, authorities could issue a “notice to appear” in court.If a judge determines the person was violating the order intentionally, the individual could be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor, Gibson adds.last_img read more

Who will be the Warriors’ opening night center?

first_imgOAKLAND – This summer, the Warriors made a splash signing polarizing center DeMarcus Cousins.The acquisition gave the team something it’d been missing: a multi-skilled big man with hall of fame level talent.However, with Cousins recovering from a torn Achilles, the youthful trio of Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney Damian Jones will try to solve an early-season challenge: finding a starting center to supplement Cousins during his rehabilitation.“I think that will unfold as we go,” said Warriors …last_img read more

Meet the Jhalanis: The rare breed of Great Indian Joint Family

first_imgONE FROM THE FAMILY ALBUM: This is just half of the Jhalani householdSundays at the Jhalani house in Delhi’s Civil Lines are reserved for cricket. And, no, they don’t have to look yonder to put together a Cricket XI. Their in-house team is already spilling over with sporty men -,ONE FROM THE FAMILY ALBUM: This is just half of the Jhalani householdSundays at the Jhalani house in Delhi’s Civil Lines are reserved for cricket. And, no, they don’t have to look yonder to put together a Cricket XI. Their in-house team is already spilling over with sporty men – not necessarily 20 – somethings – who take fielding positions on the 30 ft by 50 ft concrete surface (it’s used as a parking lot otherwise for 20-odd “family” cars).At their Lord’s, as the sun filters through the labyrinthine, creeper-covered trellis, the batsman takes position, ready to face a bowler who relies more on intimidation than sheer pace. The line is good, so is the responding stroke.But there is no running between the wicket. That’s rule No. 1 of the game. There are no LBWs either, no stumpings, no over – arm bowling and no running late on coughing up the monthly subscription of Rs 100 that is used to buy cricket paraphernalia.And all contentious issues are to be argued with the highest authority, quite literally: the umpire who looks more like a hunter in khakis and sports shoes and is lodged on a machaan on a strategically branched neem tree. But this is serious business, as serious as the family business that binds the 70-odd Jhalani household members, part of a breed whose days are numbered – the Great Indian Joint Family.Five generations of the Jhalanis – 21 family units in all- live together, play together, pray together, celebrate together, make money together and they’re not even crabby – an aberration in the time of DINK living. For them nuclear just means having a blast.advertisementPerhaps, even Lala Banarasi Das – he established the famous Chawri Bazar in Old Delhi when he set up engineering workshops there-did not foresee generations of his progeny getting entrenched in the 2,900 sq yard of prime land and the colonial bungalow he bought for his 10 – member family in 1942. In the 1960s, the bungalow was demolished and his seven sons built a seven-apartment block with seven kitchens, connected by bricks and business.”Our forefathers started selling steel nails in 1857,” says Rajesh, 49, one of Das’ 13 grandsons. That laid the foundation for a flourishing foray into business-the most successful of them being manufacturing hand tools-and the raison d’etre of their bonding.”A s long as the business is intact or the importance of the Jhalani house location is not diluted, we will continue to live as a unit,” says Rajesh matter-of-factly. Perhaps this pragmatic approach to co-existence is the reason why family members have withstood the lure of venturing out on their own.Even those like Amit, 35, another third generation inhabitant of Jhalani House, who chose to shift to Gurgaon when he set up a furniture business there, returned like the prodigal son nine months later, wife and child in tow. “Here, there is always someone to look after the child,” says Amit’s wife Leena. So under one roof a photographer, painter, interior decorator, trader, exporter continue to find their muse, and convenience. And also not miss out on children’s melas at any of the three manicured lawns, rangoli competitions during Diwali, the ritualistic cricket matches and the Jhalani ladies’ kitty parties.Children, in all 11 boys and eight girls, don’t look beyond their boundary wall for company-never mind that four-year-old Vinayak is “relatively speaking” an uncle of Navya, his senior by a year. The Indian tradition of respect for elders also ensures they have company in old age. Kailash, Das’ eldest son is the oldest at 74; the youngest is seven months old-and there’s no dearth of caretakers for both of them.”The best times we had were when Doordarshan ruled the tube. The TV room was like a theatre with rows of seats,” reminiscences Shalini, 45, wife of Rajesh. Now the infusion of cable channels has made their pursuit redundant; everyone has a TV set in their bedroom.So there’s no sitting together to watch even Ekta Kapoor’s twisty family dramas of spiteful mothers-in-law and scheming daughters-in-law. For a family that only married within their caste, intercommunity marriages are no longer a taboo. But perhaps, in the six decades of staying together, nothing has changed more than the lifestyle of the women in the Jhalani house-hold-apart from the fact that any new bride takes up to six months to identify family members and start calling them by their monikers.Shalini’s mother-in-law never walked around without the ghunghat. But she lets her 20-year-old daughter, Smriti, don peasant top with flares and organise dance parties, replete with disco lights and DJs.advertisementA few of them are building careers for themselves too. Leena, 31, was the first women in the family to work outside home. “You can come to learn about changing lifestyle trends,” says Rajesh. “Take a peep into the 19th century and slowly get back to the 21st.” The Jhalanis themselves do that occasionally through slide shows, family albums or in conversation. It lights the hearth in their metaphorical house.last_img read more

10 months agoMan Utd target Pochettino’s Levy loyalty won’t keep him at Spurs

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd target Pochettino’s Levy loyalty won’t keep him at Spursby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino’s relationship with chairman Daniel Levy won’t prevent him from leaving for Manchester United.The Daily Mail says Pochettino will not let his relationship with Levy stop him walking away from Tottenham.Pochettino is Manchester United’s first choice to become their next permanent boss, while the Argentine is also a long-term target for Real Madrid.The highly-rated manager has established a substantial power base at the north London club in recent seasons, working closely with supremo Levy to reshape the Tottenham squad since his arrival in 2014.But sources close to Pochettino insist the coach will have no qualms about walking away this summer should he decide his future lies elsewhere. last_img read more

Face to Face Graphic novelist speaks about tackling heavy subjects in a

first_imgDennis WardFace to FaceGrowing up in Winnipeg, David Alexander Robertson never learned about his Indigenous culture and heritage in school.But he’s trying to make sure that is not the case for the next generation.The award winning graphic novelist has close to 20 titles under his belt.All can be used as teaching tools in the classroom. We speak with Robertson about tackling heavy subjects such as residential schools, MMIW and suicide in a medium that appeals to [email protected]last_img

Feds urged auditors to refocus Aboriginal jobs program review documents show

first_imgOTTAWA – Federal officials asked the auditor general earlier this year to adjust the scope of his review of a key Indigenous skills training program, fearful the audit would miss its mark.Michael Ferguson’s teams are focused on how effective two Indigenous employment programs are at helping people find work — a measure that Employment and Social Development Canada argued takes too narrow a view.In a July 14 letter sent to the lead auditor, a department official argued a change in focus was needed because zeroing in on whether participants got jobs “may not fully consider the objectives of the Indigenous labour market programs.”The letter urged Ferguson’s team to change its audit plan to “reflect the objective of continuous growth and learning,” reads the letter obtained by The Canadian Press under the Access to Information Act.The documents say the department expected to get its first look at the preliminary report this week.A spokesman for Ferguson said the letter is part of regular discussions about an audit’s design to make sure the findings and recommendations are useful for the government.“Ultimately, in accordance with our regular audit process, we obtain acknowledgment of the suitability of the criteria used in each audit from the audited entity’s management,” Vincent Frigon said in an email.Neither Frigon nor the department would say what happened after the concerns were raised, citing confidentiality until the audit is public.Ferguson’s auditors are looking at how the department managed, delivered, and monitored programs, but also how it has reported results since April 2010, almost a year after the Aboriginal skills and employment training strategy and the Skills and Partnership Fund were launched.The department says that over the last seven years, both programs have helped over 350,000 Indigenous people, with almost 133,000 landing a job and more than 60,000 going back to school.The strategy is set to expire in the coming months and the Liberals have promised to have a new program in place by April, a few weeks before Ferguson’s review is expected to come out in May.Indigenous and non-Indigenous groups, such as schools, have also argued that a new jobs strategy should provide more money for groups delivering training programs and focus on the fast-growing cohort of Indigenous youth.A key request from Indigenous groups is to shift the focus to building employment skills, including for those already in the workforce, rather than measuring success by whether someone in the program lands a job.The government expects that over the next decade, about 400,000 young Aboriginals will join the workforce, adding to the almost 900,000 already of working age.last_img read more