SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont . . . July 27, 2011 . . . AllEarth Renewables, Inc.,The touch of an iPhone’ which brought the last of 382 solar trackers into position perpendicular with the sun’ marked the commissioning of the largest solar installation in Vermont and the largest installation of its kind in all of North America.The pole-mounted trackers use innovative GPS and wireless technology to actively follow the sun throughout the day, producing more than 40 percent more energy than fixed solar. The site is off Hinesburg Road in South Burlington on land leased from the Larkin family.Manufactured just four miles from the site of the solar farm, 382 AllSun Trackers produced by Williston-based AllEarth Renewables make up the, $12 million, 2.2 MW farm.The solar project is expected to produce 2.91 million kilowatt hours of energy a year, or enough electricity for over 450 homes. With inverters on each solar tracker to boost energy performance, the project is the largest solar installation to use such a configuration in North America.Attending the commissioning were more than 75 local contractors, engineers, suppliers, developers, parts fabricators, manufacturers, and other workers that had a direct hand in building the project.Pictured: South Burlington City Council Chair Sandra Dooley, Governor Shumlin, Jeanne Morrissey of JAM Construction, Speaker of the House Shap Smith and AllEarth CEO David Blittersdorf. Lieutenant Governor Phil Scott is just outside the picture to the left. Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin, Lt. Governor Phil Scott, and Speaker of the House Shap Smith also spoke at the event. The panel that the governor turned on is laying flat in the middle photo. After being turned on through his iPhone, the panel adjusted to the sun’s location via its GPS device and began producing electricity.‘This project not only produces renewable energy from the sun, it creates a lot of local clean energy jobs,’ said David Blittersdorf, CEO and founder of AllEarth Renewables. ‘We’ve innovated and refined our AllSun Tracker so it can be affordably used to power homes or businesses, and at the same time make up a utility-sized farm like this project in South Burlington.’Governor Shumlin addresses the gathering.”What we’re doing here,” Blittersdorf said, “is showing the rest of the country how to do renewables.”Blittersdorf said Massachusetts and New Jersey will be his company’s expansion targets. He said those two states have both relatively high electric costs and an interest in renewable energy. States that are burning coal to generate electricity have low cost electricity and less interest in renewables, such as those in the Midwest and South. California, he said, could be a good market in the future, but he said he wants to grow closer to home for now. New England electric rates averaged 15.05 cents per kilowatt hour in 2010 (Vermont 13.09 cents per kwh, Massachusetts 14.63), New Jersey was at 14.84 per kwh and California was at 13.83 per kwh. The US average in 2010 was 9.91 cents per kwh.Part of the state’s Standard Offer program, the farm will sell an estimated 2.91 million annual kWh of power generated by the installation to Vermont’s Sustainably Priced Energy Development (SPEED) Program. The Standard Offer was established as part of the Vermont Energy Act of 2009.In June, AllEarth Renewables’ CEO was named by Business Week as one of 25 of ‘America’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs.’ The company, which employs 26, earlier this month announced a partnership with four solar installers to provide distribution throughout Vermont. AllEarth noted some of the partners in this project, which includes:VESCOMerchants BankJA MorisseyVermont Works for WomenTimberlineVHB EngineeringLandWorksDunkiel Saunders Elliott Raubvogel & HandGreen Mountain PowerEngineers Construction Inc. (ECI)Omega ElectricGrennon’s SolderingNSA IndustriesRennlineMainly MetalsNorth East PrecisionS.D. Ireland ConcreteFoxfire Energy CorporationWillis
When the suit was filed, the plaintiffs argued that there was evidence of enough illegal mail-in ballots counted in the three counties to invalidate the election results.The case was one of several filed by allies of President Donald Trump and Trump’s own campaign as part of an effort to reverse Biden’s projected win in the national race for the White House.Those efforts have largely failed to gain traction and it is not clear that Trump has any chance of overturning his loss through legal actions. But that has not stopped the president both from claiming otherwise and from falsely claiming that he won the election.- Advertisement – The Wisconsin suit was filed just last Thursday in U.S. District Court in Green Bay. The named defendants included the clerks of the three counties, Wisconsin’s elections director and Elections Commission chair, Gov. Tony Evers, and other officials.The plaintiffs had argued that votes in the counties of Milwaukee, Dane and Menominee should be tossed out because “the sudden flood” of mail-in ballots had left election workers unable to carefully review those ballots for fraudulent ones.James Bopp, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, when asked why the case was dismissed, told CNBC in an email, that because of attorney-client privilege “and because I do not telegraph my next moves, I cannot comment.”Lawyers for defendants in the case did not immediately respond to requests for comment.The law firm Law Forward, which was founded to challenge challenge conservative election and voting-related legal efforts, said the dismissal was “an exercise in efficiency.”“This case was entirely without merit and the plaintiffs saved the court the trouble of saying so,” said Jeff Mandell, president of Law Forward, in a statement.Biden, the Democratic former vice president, narrowly defeated the Republican Trump in Wisconsin, which has 10 Electoral College votes.Biden received 1.63 million votes to 1.61 million votes for Trump, a margin of 49.5% to 48.8%.Trump has said he wants a recount of the votes in Wisconsin.Milwaukee County went heavily for Biden, giving him more than 69% percent of the ballots cast. The actual vote margin in that county was more than 180,000 ballots for Biden.Biden also far exceeded Trump in Dane County, which Biden won by 75.5% of the ballotsIn Menominee County, which had relatively few voters, Biden crushed Trump with 1,303 votes to just 278 votes for the incumbent.Even if Trump could somehow reverse the official vote results in Wisconsin, it would not be enough, on its own, to undo Biden’s projected victory in the Electoral College.With all 50 states results projected as of last Friday, Biden has 306 Electoral College votes, compared to just 232 votes for Trump. – Advertisement – – Advertisement – Three plaintiffs whose federal lawsuit sought to invalidate all of the ballots in three Wisconsin counties that gave President-elect Joe Biden well more than his approximately 20,000 vote margin of victory in that state told a judge Monday that they were dismissing their case.The court filing by lawyers for plaintiffs, Michael Langenhorst, Michael LeMay and Stephen Fifrick, did not say they were voluntarily dismissing their claim in the case, which was backed by the conservative election group True the Vote. The notice of dismissal filed Monday said the claim was being dropped “without prejudice against” the defendants, which means the plaintiffs reserved their right to make the claims again.- Advertisement – Democratic U.S. presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden speaks during a campaign speech at the Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, U.S., September 21, 2020.Mark Makela | Reuters
Shock numbers point to new property boom Buyers push to be in by Christmas The home at 17 Fraser St, Kippa-Ring, has a new kitchen and bathrooms. Picture: supplied.SITTING on a 759sq m block, this beautifully renovated home is set up for family living and entertaining with a timber deck and swimming pool in the backyard.Owner Jason Harvey said the home at 17 Fraser St, Kippa-Ring was “light, bright and airy”.“It just has such a lovely feel to it. It feels like a lovely family home,” he said. “You could really call it an entertainer’s delight and it’s very private too. And because it’s elevated, it gets a lovely breeze.” The home is light and bright. Picture: supplied. MORE NEWS: Rogue tenants force renovation Mr Harvey said the four bedroom house had undergone a complete renovation and had new plumbing, new electrics and a 6kw solar system.The home has timber floors, a fresh colour scheme and plenty of natural light. The hub of the home is an open-plan living, dining and kitchen area with stainless steel appliances and ample storage in the kitchen. There is an inground pool and outdoor entertaining area in the backyard. Picture: supplied.There are built-in wardrobes to three of the bedrooms and the two bathrooms are brand new with quality fixtures and fittings. Outside, the covered deck overlooks the backyard and inground swimming pool, which has a new chlorinator and filter.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours agoMr Harvey said the property would suit everyone from first homeowners to extended families.“It’s also a good investment. It has great tenants, it’s getting good returns and there is nothing left to do,” he said. Timber floors feature throughout the home. Picture: supplied.Mr Harvey said there was still potential for the new owner to put their stamp on the property with room on the big block for a second driveway, a shed, a carport for the caravan or boat, or a Bali hut by the swimming pool. The property is fully fenced and has low maintenance gardens. The home is close to local schools, shops and train station. It is also a short drive to the Redcliffe waterfront as well as Westfield North Lakes. The property is on the market through Danny Mailer and Lauren Weld of LJ Hooker Redcliffe.
FORT DODGE, Iowa – Top 10 finishers in point standings for four special series receive product certificates from fifth-year IMCA sponsor CPD Racing Tools. Fifty dollar product certificates, good toward shock services from the Fort Dodge, Iowa, manufacturer, go to competitors in the Deery Brothers Summer Series for Late Models, the XSAN Hawkeye Dirt Tour for Modifieds and the Kupper Chevrolet Dakota Classic Tour for Modifieds and Stock Cars. Drivers who lead the most main event laps over the course of those series each receive $200 product certificates for a complete electric tire station.Information about CPD products and services is available by calling 515 570-4329 and at the www.cpdracingtools.com website. “The battle to lead the most laps is an interesting one, and specifically with the Deery Brothers Summer Series last year when it came down to the last night and a tiebreaker, as both champion Brian Harris and runner-up Justin Kay led an identical 171 laps on the season,” IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder said. “I hope the competition is just as fierce this year in each of the four series.”
Photo from Cris Bolado’s Facebook accountFormer Philippine Basketball Association player Cris Bolado was killed Sunday in a motorcycle crash in Phnom Pehn, Cambodia.He would have turned 48 in October.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Bombers, Generals clash It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up How to help the Taal evacuees The 6-foot-6 Bolado, drafted 13th overall by Alaska Milk in 1994, won 11 PBA championships, including a Grand Slam with Alaska in 1996.He also suited up for Ginebra, Purefoods, Pop Cola/Coca-Cola, San Miguel and Red Bull before retiring in 2013 with career averages of 2.4 points and 2.1 rebounds.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogAccording to reports, Bolado was working as a basketball coach in an international school in the Cambodian capital.He was likewise managing a Filipino restaurant with partner Anne Christine Waje at the time of his death. Bolado, who played for National University in college, also left behind two children.Ginebra mentor Tim Cone, the late player’s coach in Alaska, and former teammates expressed shock over the incident.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson DAY6 is for everybody Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ View comments
Google will release a tool kit for developers next week. Consumers will have to buy a new phone to get the Google software because Android was not designed for existing handsets. Even with its market debut months away, Android looms as a significant threat to other mobile operating systems made by Microsoft Corp., Research In Motion Ltd., Palm Inc. and Symbian, which is owned by Nokia Corp. and several other major phone makers.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Contrary to reports that surfaced during months of breathless speculation, Google isn’t making cell phones, nor does it plan to put its name on the devices equipped with its software. Instead, it will work with four manufacturers and 29 other companies that have formed the Open Handset Alliance to help launch Google’s mobile software. But Google CEO Eric Schmidt hinted that the company eventually might make its own phone powered by the new software. For now, Google is focused on rallying support for Android, which relies on openly available computer code that gives equal access to all programmers. That freedom is meant to foster innovation and new uses for the sophisticated handsets known as smart phones. “You will be able to do amazing things with your mobile device that you had never thought of before,” Schmidt promised. Google Inc. wants to become as influential in the mobile market as it is on the Internet – and the online search leader thinks it can do that without sticking its prized brand on a cell phone. The Mountain View-based company provided the first glimpse at its mobile ambitions Monday with the announcement of a free software package scheduled to hit the market during the second half of next year. The system, which will control an untold number of cell phones, is designed to unify the developers of mobile applications around a common platform that makes it easier and more enticing to surf the Web on cell phones. The new package is called “Android” in tribute to a Silicon Valley startup that Google acquired two years ago to steer its secretive project. Google hopes Android opens another lucrative channel for peddling ads and services to people when they’re away from their personal computers, supplementing the revenue already pouring into the company from Internet advertising.
Ballybofey man Joe Mulhern is undertaking a massive physical challenge by running his first ever Dublin City Marathon in aid of GROW.Joe is training for the event at an important time as October is World Mental Health Month. On October 29th, he will run to raise mental health awareness and to support the organisation which has helped him personally. “I am getting a bit nervous at this point,” says Joe. “GROW is a mental health organisation that has helped me overcome many difficulties, from isolation and lack of self-confidence to challenging myself to face my fears and do what I enjoy doing best, which is running,” he adds.Sponsorship cards are currently in shops in the Ballybofey/Stranorlar areas. “I would appreciate any and every donation made for this very worthy cause,” emphasises Joe.GROW Area Coordinator Marian Maguire, GROW Regional Team member Michael Cunningham and other GROW members presenting a t-shirt to Joe Mulhern ahead of his participation in the Dublin City MarathonGROW provides a confidential, safe environment where people with difficulties can share their problems and regain a sense of wellbeing and self-worth. GROW has been in Ireland for over 50 years and is Ireland’s oldest community-based mental health organisation. It focuses on promoting positive mental health and a roadmap to recovery. Free weekly peer-support meetings are held in eight locations throughout Co. Donegal, (Stranorlar, Letterkenny, Manorcunningham, Donegal Town, Killybegs, Dungloe, Buncrana and Carndonagh). For further information on GROW contact Marian on 086-7856912, Maria on 086-7702860, the GROW office on 074-9161628 or visit the website www.grow.ie Donegal man’s nerves ‘GROW’ ahead of his first Dublin Marathon was last modified: October 5th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:dublin city marathonGROWmental health