Tag: 苏州中茵皇冠水疗会所

Man dragged mother by hair to knife drawer and threatened to stab her

first_imgA man came home drunk, dragged his mother across her kitchen by the hair and then threatened to stab her.Paul McLaughlin appeared at Letterkenny District Court in Co Donegal charged with assault and criminal damage. On July 6th, 2017 McLaughlin came home from the pub after being drinking all day and attacked his mother Bridie at Uachtarach, Gortahork.This sparked three days of offences carried out by McLaughlin against his family.The following day he attacked his sister Mary McLaughlin’s car and smashed her windscreen after kicking it.And the next day he was charged with threatening and abusive behaviour at his mother’s house and was abusive to Gardai when they arrived.His mother had been left terrified by the initial incident after McLaughlin dragged her across her kitchen by her hair to a draw where knives were kept and told her he was going to stab her.A family member intervened and prevented McLaughlin for going any further, the court heard.The court heard that the accused, of Meenacung, Dunlewey, has 34 previous convictions and had served a three-year prison sentence for assault causing harm.His solicitor, Mr Patsy Gallagher, said McLaughlin had an ongoing battle with both drink and drugs.He had apologised to his mother and was now in telephone contact with her.Judge Paul Kelly remanded the accused on continuing bail to December and ordered a community service and probation report.Man dragged mother by hair to knife drawer and threatened to stab her was last modified: October 1st, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegaldragDunlewyGardaihairMOTHERPaul McLaughlinstablast_img read more

DONEGAL COUNTY COUNCIL TOLD: YOU CAN KEEP MOST OF THE PROPERTY TAX CASH

first_imgENVIRONMENT Minister Phil Hogan had told Donegal County Council that 80% of the Local Property Tax will be kept in the county – and it’s likely all of it will.The move is a bid to quell widespread disquiet in the county over the new tax which comes into force on July 1.It replaces last year’s bungled Household Charge. With the Revenue given widespread powers to collect the new tax, most people will be forced to pay.Payments will be deducted from the salaries or welfare payments of those who refuse to pay directly.Minister Hogan’s move is a bid to show the tax really is a local one; the remaining 20% of the money will go into a central fund to subsidise all councils, which means Donegal could end up keeping all of the money collected here, and subsidised by larger urban area councils like Cork and Dublin, could get even more in its block grant.One county council source told Donegal Daily: “This is good news as the Government had previously said that just 65% of the money would stay in the council area where it is collected. “Now that 80% comes directly to council, and the other 20% could come here as well it really is going to help local Donegal services provided by the council.”Earlier this week local campaigners vowed to continue their fight against both property and water taxes. DONEGAL COUNTY COUNCIL TOLD: YOU CAN KEEP MOST OF THE PROPERTY TAX CASH was last modified: March 13th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL COUNTY COUNCIL TOLD: YOU CAN KEEP MOST OF THE PROPERTY TAX CASHlast_img read more